The Warkworth Museum is committed to being open and accessible to all visitors and offers the following services and amenities:
- Spacious, level parking area with ample parking spaces; two allocated mobility parking spaces – one at the new observation deck; one directly outside the museum entrance
- The museum ground floor is single-level and wheelchair accessible, however the 1st floor is accessed by a narrow stairway.
- Access to the archives and upstairs display areas is via sloping concrete pathways that run alongside the building exterior, to the upstairs entrance at the rear of the building. Please alert Reception if you wish to use the outer access route. Our volunteers will guide you and open doors.
- Outdoor zones offer a mix of covered and uncovered areas with some grassed areas and some concreted sections and pathways.
- Accessible picnic tables are available in various locations on the grounds..
- Public bathrooms maintained by Auckland Council and are accessed to the left side of the Museum building, facing the forest. One accessible toilet is available.
- Guide dogs and assistance dogs are welcome.
If you require additional information or support, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more > Warkworth Museum Accessibility