The Warkworth Museums adheres to the following Collection Policy:
- The objective of the Warkworth Museum is to conserve and preserve the history of Warkworth and its surrounding district.
- The guidelines used for determining the acceptance and retention of any potential item for the Warkworth Museum is the importance and relevance of that item to the stated aim of the Warkworth Museum.
- The Warkworth Museum will not actively seek to purchase items for its collection.
- The Warkworth Museum will provide for the preservation, security and conservation of all items it has and will make these items available to all who wish to view and study them.
- The Warkworth Museum will ensure that all relevant standards pertaining to conservation, handling, storage and display of the collection will be maintained to the highest possible standard.
- The Warkworth Museum will not guarantee to permanently exhibit any item accepted for a stated collection. Items not on exhibit are part of the reserve collection and may be examined at the discretion of the curator.
- Items will only be removed from the Warkworth Museum collection after meeting the strict guidelines laid down for de-accessioning.
The complete Collection Policy may be examined by arrangement with the Manager of the Warkworth Museum.
If you would like to know more about donating material to the Warkworth Museum, please contact the Manager.
Contact details can be found on our Contact Us page.
+09 425 7093
The Parry Kauri Park
Tudor Collins Drive
New Zealand 0910
Daily 10am – 3pm
Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day & Good Friday