The Warkworth Museum currently remains open to the public as normal. We
have however postponed until further notice, the Tea & Talk
scheduled for Monday 23rd March.
The health and wellbeing of our Volunteers, as well as that of their families and our visitors is however paramount to the Museum. We have and will continue to take advice from the Government (Ministry of Health and Education) and following that advice have implemented the following:
- We have cancelled all public events due to be held at the Museum until further notice. This is to encourage social distancing between visitors.
- We do not have any groups booked into the Museum for the foreseeable future.
- We have instigated additional cleaning routines in our reception and shop areas.
- We have hand sanitiser available in our reception area.
We are also advising our Volunteers and Staff as follows:
- If they have been in contact with someone confirmed to have Covid 19, returned to NZ from the countries listed on the Ministry of Health Site, or they are feeling unwell, to call the Healthline number: 0800 611 116 and follow their instructions.
- If they are concerned about visiting public spaces such as the Museum. Do not come to the Museum – stay at home. We fully support their decision to do this and will provide support if necessary.
- If anyone is feeling unwell or is suffering cold/flu symptoms they must NOT come to the Museum.
- To practice social distancing i.e. 1 meter separation, no hand shaking etc
- Observe good hand hygiene – wash hands frequently with either an alcohol-based hand sanitiser or wash them with soap and water
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
We will continue to monitor the rapidly evolving situation and will react accordingly.
For more information visit the following website for more information